Baby is one of the most precious possessions on earth. It would help if you didn’t take risks with it. Even the simplest towel must undergo rigorous testing to ensure the comfort of your child.
In light of how vital your newborn is, even choosing the right towel can be daunting. Here is a quick buyer’s guide that can help you make the process easier and improve your results, so you don’t have to overthink every towel you hold in your hands.
Tips To Choose and Use of Baby Towels
- Local weather- When choosing a towel for your newborn, don’t just base your choice only on comfort and preferences. It is essential to take into account the weather as well.
- A thicker towel, which offers better insulation to the baby in cold climates, is appropriate in cold temperatures. Cotton towels are typically preferred in warmer regions. It allows the child to breathe easily and is comfortable.
- Aromas, perfumes, or other fragrances are prohibited- Babies should be kept away from perfumes and scented products. The scent can make their noses feel dizzy, and the chemicals in the perfumes may irritate their skin.
- Brands may state that the perfume or fragrance on their towels is not harmful to newborns.
- The safest thing is never to introduce perfume to children, regardless of the company’s confidence. There are numerous side effects associated with perfumes and fragrances, including respiratory problems and skin irritations.
- If you prefer a scent that is not harmful to your baby, you can invest in a scentless towel and add the fragrance later.
- Materials- It can be overwhelming to choose the suitable material for your child. It is not always true that warm materials are soft. There might be some soft materials that aren’t very warm.
- When selecting baby towels, make sure they are soft and absorbent. It is best to use flannel or cotton towels for your child’s changing area. An ideal one would be nylon. When quality matters, choose towels that feel thicker.
- Cotton towels of large and wide sizes are the best for your baby. They are the ones you should pursue relentlessly.
Check It Out: Top Best Baby Lotions For Newborns
- Cotton towels generally have the best wrinkle resistance when they are made with combed cotton. Many brands tout the softness of their cotton towels, but one wash leaves them rough on the baby’s skin.
- The crumpled towel can feel like sandpaper against the skin of your baby. Moreover, the friction caused by rubbing can cause rashes. Soft combed cotton remains supple and gentle for your baby’s skin even after washing.
- Absorbent- In terms of absorbency, baby towels should be twice as absorbent as regular towels used for adults and older children. Your baby’s skin must dry quickly to avoid catching a cold.
- Don’t rub the towel against the baby’s skin for too long. The towel should easily absorb water. When it comes to determining the absorbency of a towel, the Grams per Square Meter (GSM) rating is essential.
- Usually, towels have a label on the back that gives the GMS rating. Ideally, any amount between 600 and 700 GMS will do for newborns. The range should not be exceeded or lowered.
- Keep the towel clean and maintained- Having a baby in the house can be overwhelming. In addition to taking care of the baby, you have to do everything around the house.
- It will be much harder to accomplish your daily tasks if you use a towel that needs a rigorous cleaning procedure.
- Cleanliness is essential when it comes to towels for your newborn. Make sure it is machine washable. The towel should not become overly rough or pill after several washes, either.
- You should know that tightly knit yarns do not pill as much as loose-knit yarns when it comes to piling.
- Colour and appeal- Most parents, should not have a problem selecting an appealing and colourful towel for their newborn. Parents find this to be the most challenging aspect.
- You may have a hard time choosing between matching the walls of the nursery, picking a colour based on gender or choosing simply the colour of your choosing. Many factors affect the choice of colours.
- Colour does not affect functionality most of the time, so you can choose whichever colour you prefer.
- Turkish cotton towels are the best choice if you are looking for a towel with a rich glossy appearance. Using these towels will provide your newborn with quality results, comfort, and a luxurious feeling.
- Design- Bath time is not the only time to use the towel. The towel can offer additional warmth and protect the child from the cold and dampness by making minor adjustments.
- Towels made out of Turkish cottons, such as those in the picture, are an excellent example. There are many different design options available—designs featuring animal prints, cartoon characters, superheroes, and so forth.
- Remember to choose a plan with functionality in mind. The towel you pick should be cute as well as perform its function.
- Packaging- It is perfectly okay to spend some time looking for the right towel for your baby. When the packaging is not done correctly, the towel can easily get contaminated in transit, thus decreasing its effectiveness.
- Packaging is also as crucial as the towel itself. Towels should be safe from harm and be able to withstand the stress of transportation.
- Size- The towel should be a perfect fit for your newborn. Ensure you do not provide a child with a too-small towel and expose parts of their body to the cold as they dry up.
- Changing towels is an essential part of the baby’s growth process. In the beginning, a towel measuring 26 by 45.4 by 52 inches should be sufficient.
It can be challenging to decide which towel is best for your baby, but these simple tips and features will help you make the right choice. Keep in mind that newborns’ skin is delicate.
Every decision you make should always be based on this principle. In this way, you’ll get a towel that provides an excellent experience for your child.