No woman is ever happy with the length of her hair at any point of her life , and so, a handy and easy hair growth tip is always appreciated. Here we have 10 great hair growth tips in store for you so you can have the hair you always dreamed of.
Hair growth takes its own time. We can only help promote it in a natural way that is not hindered by any foreign element.
Here are some tips and tricks that can help in natural hair growth process :
- Massage your scalp
- Regular trimming
- Oil your hair
- Use of egg yolk
- Shampoo correctly
- Apply coconut milk
- Neem and amla mask
- Aloe vera and hibiscus
- Lemon juice
- Change your diet
- Limit usage of straighteners and curlers
- Don’t go for hair colouring
- Onion juice
- Try golden milk
1. Massage your scalp: Regular scalp massage not only relaxes you but also helps improves blood circulation.
It strengthens hair from the roots. One of the leading contributing factors to hair loss is stress and massaging your scalp a couple of times a week, before going to sleep strengthens your hair and promotes hair growth.
Tip : Good old coconut oil is the best way to go for massaging your scalp.
2. Regular trimming: Split ends, hair thinning and breakage marks your hair damage. Trimming your hair lets you avoid this and thus it helps your hair to keep growing.
Tip : Trim your hair every two to three months to boost hair growth.
Check It Out: 10 Best Shampoos For Hair Strengthening & Straightening
3. Oil your hair: According to the experts, there is no best way to keep your hair nourished other than oiling your scalp regularly. Coconut oil can strengthen the hair from roots to tips and reduce the occurrence of split ends.
This helps to retain the moisture in the scalp and prevent dandruff. The minerals in them improve the quality of hair. They also help in the growth of hair.
Tip : Hot oil massage at least once in a week helps in the better growth of hair
4. Usage of egg yolk: Using egg yolks is the best and easiest way to improve your hair growth. Since eggs are a powerhouse of vitamins, they moisturise and nourish your hair while preventing damage.
Although you may not like the odour egg yolks help in restoring the shine of the hair by keeping the scalps oily. Using egg masks is one of the fastest hair growth remedies.
Tip: You can easily remove the odour of the egg by mixing the egg yolk with honey. Thus egg yolk is widely used as a hair mask.
5. Use shampoo correctly: Sunlight, dust and dirt accumulation can make your hair dull and weak. So, washing your hair nicely is a very important step for hair growth.
However, excessive rinsing could lead to weak hair attachments in the scalp and also it would prevent the natural oil formation in the scalp.
Wet hair is generally weaker. Always wash your scalp only with lukewarm water. Extremely hot water is not advisable.. Not cleaning your scalp can lead to serious dead skin cells and oil build-up can make dandruff to appear.
Tip : Always use organic shampoo available in the market .
6. Coconut Milk: One of the most effective natural hair growth remedies is coconut milk. Everyone might have seen how popular it is.
Its effectiveness is based upon its iron, potassium and essential fats richness. You must use fresh coconuts, then squeeze some lemon and a few drops of lavender essential oil.
Mix the solution well. Slowly put it into your scalp. Leave it for rest for 4-5 hours before rinsing it off.
7. Apply neem and amla mask: Neem and amla are two easily available best ingredients for hair growth. You can turn them into a paste and apply it to your scalp.
These herbs have the properties that can give shine and healthy locks to your hair. . The antibacterial property of neem helps new growth of hair. Amla helps in improving the colour and texture of the hair.
8. Yoghurt: The yoghurt mask is the best as well as a quite effective home remedy. Take a bowl of yoghurt and apply it to your hair. Leave it to dry for an hour and then rinse it off.
9. Aloe vera and hibiscus: This is the best used as a cleansing agent and helps in strengthening your hair follicle.
Take 3-4 hibiscus petals and make a paste by mixing it with a cup of aloe vera gel. Apply it gently on your scalp.
Rinse it off after 30-40 minutes. Aloe vera gel helps in hydrating your scalp by keeping the hair texture smooth. It also removes the dead cells from your scalp. It keeps your hair frizz-free.
10.Lemon juice : As we all know that lemon is the best source of vitamin C, it is also a very good antioxidant.
Hence it is the best weapon against hair loss. Apply a little lemon juice on your scalp and rinse it off. Wash it again with a mild shampoo. It helps in keeping the scalp dandruff free.
11.Change your diet : Eating a balanced diet with proper protein intake is important for optimal hair growth. Researchers generally recommend 50 grams of protein intake per day.
12. Using straighteners and curlers : The heat produced from curlers and straighteners may damage your hair and weaken it.
You must try using these tools as few times as possible. These products may also reduce the moisture content from the scalp and lead to the breakage of hair.
13. Don’t go for hair colouring: Try to avoid going for hair colouring. Colouring your hair leads to a change in the texture of your hair which might lead to hair damage. Colour your hair as few times as possible so that hair breaks off less and grows faster.
14. Onion juice : You might not like the smell of onion, but it is one of the best known methods for hair growth.
You might make a paste of onion and squeeze out the juice. Apply it to your scalp and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes. According to a study, onion helps in proper blood circulation and prevents hair damage.
15. Try golden milk: A very popular remedy for thicker hair is drinking golden milk. It prevents hair loss. Since turmeric is rich in curcumin, golden milk would lead to a change in your regular diet also.
How Can We Prevent Hair Fall?
There are a lot of reasons for hair fall. A few of them include unhealthy scalp and dandruff.
According to the experts, hair that grows from a healthy scalp is quite thick and stronger as compared to the hair that grows from an unhealthy scalp.
Dandruff can lead to a lot of itching in the scalp and it might also damage your hair. Organic shampoo that nourishes the hair from the root to the tip is suggested to keep your hair healthy and thick.
How Does Dandruff Affect Your Hair Growth?
A dry and itchy scalp leads to hair damage and thus leads to the formation of dandruff in the scalp.
Moreover, all this leads to breakage of hair and split ends which damage your hair. Dandruff may lead to the growth of unhealthy hair.
Although dandruff does not have a permanent solution there are a lot of home remedies that help in curing dandruff.
Does Stress Causes Dandruff?
Stress can affect normal human life. Although stress does not cause dandruff but it leads to itching and dryness of the scalp.
According to a study, one of the major cause of dandruff is due to stressful life events. Stress can weaken the immune system and hence it might cause dandruff.
Although genetics play an important role in hair growth there are several other factors that come into play.
We should always let our hair grow naturally but when it comes to home made methods , we should surely try it sometime or the other.
There is no magical method for hair to grow within a day but there are many steps that can boost your hair growth.
Everyone wants healthy and long hair, especially when they start growing older. According to research, hair grows about 6 inches per year.
So, remember that the above-mentioned remedies might also take a few months to give noticeable results. The ultimate goal of hair growth can surely be achieved by taking proper healthy food in your regular diet.
This can lead to an increase in hair length as well as density. Some types of hair loss can be controlled by home remedies while some can be controlled by meditation.
If your hair still does not grow, then you might consult a doctor or your physician if it is too serious and prevent taking any other supplements or treatments.